Labels

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pull Up a Chair!

Early this summer a friend of mine requested a little interior design, shall we say, nudge. We began our process focusing on the kitchen. I think if anyone is contemplating revitalizing your home interior you should start with the place you spend a majority of your time and for a majority of us this would be the kitchen. It is the centrifuge from which our lives are centered around, where each day begins and ends, and where we gather together.

The next step, we chose a color pallet. What better place to impact our family and friends than where they are seated. I wish I had captured a quick pic so I could awe you with a before and after, but due to my anxiousness and rush to get things done, I simply forgot.

I cannot take credit for the infusion of the sewn stripe down the seat of this chair. Suzane Kasler (famous Atlanta interior designer) has a fabulous must buy book titled, "Inspired Interiors" and she is a featured designer for Ballard Magazine http://www.ballarddesigns.com/Kasler. I must dub her my inspirational muse!

LOVE it! The stripe adds just a touch of an unexpected mod to an otherwise very traditional chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment