Labels

Friday, August 28, 2009

Oh Baby!








Who said a baby shower had to be in pastels. While scouring through our local Target, much to my dismay they had only one style of paper goods for a baby shower. What, I thought for a second, I must be at K-Mart or Wal-Wart. Are these the remanents of a Blue Light Special? This is Target for cryingout loud! There should be an array of pastel baby blues with tingy polka dots, blue bunnies, chicks or something better than a pregnant woman's sillouette to choose from! So, what to do? Quickly we looked around the aisles and discovered the solids section. You know, a red plate combined with a blue napkin and a yellow Solo cup. Yeah, this is a baby shower not a frat party. Then, it dawned on us, what if we did the shower all in primary colors! Fabulouse! Like crayons, bright and beautiful, even kinda funky mod. Out with the old baby blue and in with the new. After all was said and done, eveything came together and made it worth blogging about.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of the books down the middle of the table. She can start reading to her belly now! My favorite has to be how much the guy on the wall seems to be enjoying himself, could it be the mushroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the mushroom for sure!!! Or maybe a little "Stiptease"...that would also do the trick, I hear!!! I love, LOVE this blog!!!! It will be so much fun to follow as more and more events take place and Elizabelle shares more and more of her creative magic with us!!! I want to absorb all of the creative ideas like a sponge!!!

    ReplyDelete