Labels

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Easter Bonnet Reinvented

Here is my interpretation of what I would want for my Easter bonnet. It has a party hat influence/ flair. I have had a slight obsession with hats since owning the store. Every good holiday can be interpreted into the appropriate party hat: Easter, Halloween, Valentines (a crown is always nice), Christmas etc. Since Easter is the last of the widely celebrated, commercial holidays until the Fourth of July(?), I believe I will turn my focus toward more demure events that seem to slip by us. Events such as the Kentucky Derby perhaps? Now that's a reason to wear a hat!

Not to toot my own part horn, but I am really pleased with the way she turned out. A bit vintage inspired with a splash of glitter. I feel a little deflated that Easter is now going to be over, because it seems as though I should put away all my vials of glitter. What will I do with myself? I will vow to incorporate glitter into our everyday lives, somehow? Stay tuned for more.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I am proud to be the one who put that first jar of Mod Podge in your hand!

    You MUST make a Kentucky derby one. And May Day. Cinco de Mayo perhaps? Flag Day is always good. Fourth of July?

    There needn't be a special reason for a great party hat. Except maybe a party!

    ReplyDelete