Labels

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Moving Day!

The BIG day has finally arrived..... Am I ready? I have no idea what to expect. My life just went from a moderate puttering around speed of about 30 maybe 35 mph to a NASCAR 250 mph! Where the hell is the pace car to slow it all down? I hope I do not blow my engine before it is all said and done!


My packers/ movers were with Highland Moving and Storage located in Goldsboro, NC. I cannot give them the proper accolades and praises that make them worthy. I have never seen four more professional, hard working and caring men in my life! Alex, Charles, Terry and Cedric were my saving grace! They literally saved me from the brink of a nervous breakdown!


While loading the moving van, the truck from the warehouse arrived with my crated armoire. Thank you guys for being so careful with all my stuff.



Okay, just roll me up the ramp and pack me away. I am about done! We all looked on with great scepticism that there is a possibility that it may not all fit. Our driver Corey assured us it would but I am beginning to have my doubts. They haven't even loaded my concrete statues, and we sure are not leaving that behind!






Higher and higher it went. It was quite impressive to see such a delicate juggling act to make it all fit perfectly. It was like watching some sort of freakish Cirque du Soleil performance the way they balanced off that ladder with those heavy boxes cantilevered off in their arms. What true acrobatics, they make it look effortless. Now, what will they do for a dismount? Possibly a double somersault back flip from one of those straps and land on the dolly below? A drum roll please...


Okay, take a deep breath, suck it in, cinch it up, tie it down, and...................................................

think light thoughts because we are being charged by the pound!

with fingers crossed......

Phew..........What a relief! It all fits! All except the driver's ladder, which had to be strapped to the outside of the vehicle.


Going.......
going........
still going.......
Gone!!! Bye guys, see you in Tucson!

A final goodbye from friends wishing us a safe journey! We love and miss you too!



















1 comment: