Labels

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Heading West

First, I must apologize for not documenting the first half of our journey West, but I think I was still in shock that it was all happening. Was I really leaving everything and everyone that I knew for a strange uncharted land I knew nothing about?


Stationed on the console of the car, Roscoe, our copilot, did not miss one bump in the road.
Look! Viva la Mexico! Yes, that is Mexico just to the left of the interstate. Border? What border? I cannot discern where it begins and ends.



We are going to be in our new home by noon today! Don't look so excited boys. Wake up!


Literally, piles of furdom cover the entire rear end of the car. After three long days of traveling across the country and sleeping back there with the dogs, the clothing we wore began to resemble a giant lent roller. The extreme dry weather and static cling did not seem to help with the fur situation.
Taking in the sunshine and snoozing on Daddy's pillow.....Precious!




It is getting hilly, we must be close! The terrain truly is beautiful.


The boulders do not even look real. It is like we are driving by some sort of "Planet of the Apes" movie set at Warner Brothers Studio!
Finally, home! One nights rest before the moving van arrives with my years of hoarding stowed deep in its bowels!















1 comment: