Labels

Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Day Boredom

Last Valentine's weekend the snow began to fall and it was the most breathtaking event I have seen in some time. Just when you thought the branches could hold no more of the well sifted powder, it defied gravity! Simply, a winter wonderland.


As the day progressed, while everyone was frozen in their splendor, so was my concrete statue. I think I know how she feels, but at least I had on my clothes! Yes, one of my (most heavy) obsessions is my love for concrete figurines. Not only do beautiful plants make a garden, but you must accentuate them with wonderful statues covered with a mossy green patina. She is my favorite and yes, she will be accompanying me to Arizona, even if I have to drag her body behind the Pesky moving van.
Although it does not snow here that often, I had to capture her image one last time. I have always admired the way in which the snow dusts her delicate shoulders and is captured in the waves in her hair. She looks as though she is shivering. Then, as the day progressed and lets face it, Valentines Day was the next day, I decided to adorn her a bit more. First came the pearls, then I whipped up a Valentine crown and dubbed her "Snow Queen". Maybe her name should be Queenie?


In retrospect, I guess I got a little carried away, but what the heck else was I supposed to do? Maybe my income tax?




















1 comment:

  1. She makes me so happy!
    Can you take her as a "carry on?" If not, I could store her in ATL for you for a time...

    (fun blog--i'm visiting Liz and we are chatting up a storm)

    ReplyDelete