Labels

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Recycled

Though not the best picture I could have taken, hopefully you can see my vision. Well, I had this spectacular image of what I would do to decorate for Valentines, when I stumbled upon this unique picture stand at Goodwill. Total cost = $2.00! I know, I will fill it with vintage 40's & 50's Valentine cards. Quickly I realized finding the stand was one thing, but who knew the rarity and price of vintage cards! One antique store wanted at the least $14.00 for one used Valentine! NOT! Then I remembered, in the top of my closet in a giant shoebox (they are all giant since I wear a size 10) I have been saving cards of all occasions since before going to college. Yes, jackpot. Even better because they all had a deep emotional meaning. They are quite the smattering from my mom and dad, sister, grandmothers and friends. Forget the vintage, this is much more memorable. Lesson: Use what you have and recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment