Labels

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Belated Mother's Day..........sorry!

Even though my career/job status is temporarily on hold, you would think I could do something as simple as get my mother-in-laws Mother's day gift in the mail on time. Well, the answer is no! The beginning of the week last week I had all intentions of finishing and things were moving quite well I might add, then tragedy struck. The rest of my week was emotionally consumed and physically strained due to caring for my eldest dog. He is okay now, a slight head tilt, but still good to go. Anyway, I finally finished on Thursday and shipped it UPS. Unfortunately it will not arrive until Tuesday. Here are the fruits of my labor:

Don't you love the packaging? Kisses, because the tin is a Hersey's Kiss tin! Damn I am good! I am really pleased with the finished product. The more of these little girls I make the easier it is to plan out their assembly (the hardest part).

Her party hat is the old thimble I found at the Raleigh flea market and the top of it is a cuff link with the monogram "M". That took some looking to find just the right little personal added touch.
I love her swishy swanky skirt! That too I found at the flea market. It is a rusty tiny tart tin, which I bent in half so it would flair out and make the skirt. The bow is a vintage broach!
I must admit, I was a bit reluctant to use a round tin, but in retrospect I am glad I did. Her proportions balanced out quite lovely in the end. Tell me what you think. Write a comment or please become a follower. Thank you!!!
p.s. Mom, if you are reading this I have not mailed your gift either. Maybe you could get it when you come for a visit next month? Love you!


1 comment:

  1. I love her in all of her rotund glory!!!! You are getting great at this, they all have little souls that shine through. I love her chubby little legs and her prim stance!

    ReplyDelete