Labels

Thursday, May 20, 2010

To the Beach and Back!

Ahhhh..... this past weekend I was able to escape for approximately 24 hrs. and it was worth every second! The weather was absolutely beautiful, the company was delightful and the memories are priceless. It could not have been more picture perfect! Speaking of pictures, while we were in Morehead, we stumbled upon an art exhibit along the waterfront and caught an eye full. This painting is by a lovely local artist, Pene diMaio, who's art is truly reflective of her easy going, approachable personality. Not only does she paint beautiful landscapes, she spices it up with paintings such as this one. LOVE IT!!! If you have the chance, please visit her web site: http://www.pdimaio.com/
Then, as I strolled in and out of the other exhibitor's tents, I found this little "reclaimed" goodie. Who would have thought to recycle bottle caps and transform them into earrings! These are awesome and I love the nautical theme! How apropos and what a perfect souvenir to remember this trip!
After returning home from my cursory journey to the sea shore, I of course had to have a reality check and make a trip to the grocery store aka: Wal-Mart. As I turned the corner, I discovered this vintage beauty. Where have you been all my life? Is she not fabulous?! The color is a perfect vintage blue/ green with slightly cream tinted finders, as if it had a perfect aged patina circa 1950. The extra wide brown seat looks so comfortable! The only thing missing here is a woven basket and a bell on the handlebars to ring in summertime. Ring, Ring, Ring!!!!!




1 comment: