Labels

Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring is in Bloom

I love flowers! Live or silk, nothing is more stunning than adorning your Sunday best with a giant floral corsage. You do not need a special occasion like Easter or Mother's Day to pull it off. So, it was only natural for me to make one from scratch! I was not quite sure what the end result would be, but after some experimentation (approximately 2hrs. later) I think I got it.

Note: do not underestimate the number of petals it will take to make a full bloom!

Wow, try and keep your eye focused on the flower, those white legs are quite blinding! Well, I completed my masterpiece Saturday night and wore it on Sunday, coincidentally the first day of spring! In retrospect, I guess I could have made it a bit smaller and demur, but bigger is better. Plus, for my size it had to be bigger or it would look as though I were wearing a boutonniere on my hip!
My goal now is to make more in various colors and patterns! They will be perfect on belts, pinned to purses, special packages, or to wear in your hair. Those are some lofty aspirations, I had better get started.


No comments:

Post a Comment