Labels

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yearning for Anther Store?

While in Alexandria, Liz took us to this FABULOUS home decor store! I think I practically skipped down the sidewalk and into the door. It screamed, shouted and proclaimed "Welcome customers and welcome Spring!", while whispering...."Elizabeth..Open another store, you can do it!"
Wow, this store was awesome! The perfect mixture of Country French antiques, European flair, along with unique well priced gifts and a dash of retro. I want it all!
These silk cherry blossoms are FAB!!!, shooting out of this wonderful Italian vase, truly making a statement as you walked in the door. Hint: Never be afraid to go big and bold, yet keep it simple when contending with a large scale, i.e. lots on one thing! Hmmm...I think I will try to recreate this look with a few of my budding/ blooming branches when I get home. (tune in later for that)


Again, more blossom branches, along with multiple boxwood topiary balls. See, repetition of one or more objects just makes this vignette! I spy with my eye two buffet lamps that we had in the store. What great taste these owners must have.

Ta-Dah!!! Okay, this one takes the cake! This beauty in all its splendor is my Christmas gift from Liz. You may have heard me squeal with delight when I opened it!!! It is all me! Right down to the party hat!!!! I have come to learn in life that some people "get" you and some people do not. It is okay if they do not, it is not like it is a bad thing, but when someone is tuned in to your creative vibe it is wonderful!! Thank you Liz for everything. P.S. Did I mention it came from this same store above?


Wouldn't you know, I could not resist this cute little guy. He compliments the dog, oh so well. Also, lately I have a new, not quite an obsession (yet), call it an interest in the whole Spanish look. Since my new destination in the never ending road trip of my life will be Arizona, I am thinking of adding this whole genre to my decor. What do you think? I think I can pull it off. So, while in the store Liz and I stumbled across the sale room and we unearthed this relic. It has so many possibilities (Valentines, Christmas you name it & I rationalized it into my posession).






No comments:

Post a Comment