Labels

Monday, October 26, 2009

Diva Pumpkin

While trying to imagine what the perfect Halloween gift would be for two dear friends of mine, it finally hit me... a flamingo pumpkin! They love all things flamingo and they take it to the max! A perfect example of this was best demonstrated last Easter. One day after work as I slowly cruised past their house, my eye was quickly drawn to a hot pink flock of plastic flamingos, gloriously roosting in the top of a dogwood tree. As if that were not enough, nested below in the monkey grass were giant pastel Easter eggs that looked as if they has just been laid. I can't stand it! I LOVE their style and whit, so I hope this masked pumpkin does them justice.




This is a spooky little bat card I attached to the gift. Anyone can make this simple goodie with some black card stock and a folded scrap of decorative paper. Draw out any pattern of a silhouette i.e. black cat, bat, witches hat, ghost, etc. and add a folded note card or even better a small folded bag of candy. Jazz it up extra by adding a small rim of glitter around the edge of the card. It is the perfect touch to any Halloween treat!





No comments:

Post a Comment