Labels

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trunk Show Spectacular!

Finally, I think I have recovered from our September trunk show. Now, it is time to share all the images and fun we had putting it together (I will not mention the tears shed and mental breakdowns in preparation the night before). First, my good friend Liz was so generous to allow her home to become transformed into a Halloween storefront. Together, we showcased our
many talents, as well as our passion to do what we love!





Liz creates these whimsical one-of-a-kind monsters from scratch. She puts so much thought and uniqueness into each and everyone. They remind me of characters that have come to life out of some children's book. Each one seems to tell a story. I am always surprised by either their number of appendages, wings, tails, googly eyes or the combination of fabulous fabrics Liz incorporates into each one. Her imagination is as wild as her monsters!

The following are a line of Halloween pillows I have been working to design. They are the perfect accent to add a little zest to any porch, patio or sun room, especially for the holiday season. We will see if I can muster up enough umph to get the ball rolling for Christmas pillows. Stay tuned to the blog posts. There might just be one for sale soon!











All of the wreaths are fabulous, if I do say so myself. They range from wildly whimsical to simply elegant!




Who could resist a candy corn wreath! Anyone with children or grandchildren, this would be a must!



How different is the square pine cone wreath. I was so excited when the company I order from still had a few in stock. They flew out the door as fast as I could make and attach a bow.
















Here, we find Liz immersed in her element, frantically churning out her fabulous jewels! Oh, didn't I mention, sewing is not her only talent. She also designs and hand makes the most unique jewelry. It is a culmination of her wit, graphic design background and way with words that set her designs apart from anything you have ever seen.


Thanks to two of our wonder friends and their infinite creativity, we were able to resurrect these pruned shrubs from the dead, literally. They called just before the show and suggested we use their former bedding plant for displaying our wears. What a fabulous idea! They were perfect for hanging Liz's jewelry and my ornament, plus they added that extra spooky Halloween touch.


Finally, I had to succumb to bartering with Liz for this sinfully delectable bobble! Oh my gosh, it is to die for! This Halloween bracelet of Liz's is a composit of vintage Halloween, original artwork and elegance. I highly recommend everyone buy one. Now, I cannot wait to see what she has in store for Christmas!






















No comments:

Post a Comment