Labels

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Love some Etsy!

Etsy, etsy and www.etsy.com! I hope everyone has had the chance to visit Etsy! If you are creative, need inspiration or just a place to shop for one-of-a-kind trinkets, this is the place. To quickly familiarize you to etsy, it is a website kinda like eBay, but there is no bidding (thank goodness) and everything listed on etsy must meet the following criteria: vintage, handmade or a supply to crafters. It is simply wonderful and I have had nothing but delightful experiences with it.

Here, my gardenia tin girl is one of my most recent additions to my etsy purchases. She is a product of rufusandpaco.etsy.com That is the seller's name is "Rufus and Paco" and an informative tidbit for newbies to Etsy, go to seller (in the pull down menu) and next to that type "rufusandpaco" (don't capitalize or add spacing between words). Once you get the hang of it, you will have to have a hit of etsy every day. Well, back to me and my doll. She is made of an antique talcum powder tin and is adorned with all sorts of vintage tidbits from head to toe. I love her handbag created from an old chocolate ex-lax tin and embellished with a few sparkly crystals! Then, her long legs are old silver spoons! Love it!




Finally, when you make a purchase on etys, usually the packaging is just as unique as what is wrapped up inside! My friend Liz and I wait anxiously for the package to arrive, then we call the other person to come over for the unveiling! Rufus and Paco's came like no other. First, my gardenia girl took a worldly trip before landing at my doorstep in Goldsboro, NC as you can see by all her stickers. Once I surgically opened the box, savoring every step, she was oh so delicately wrapped with beautiful two sided metallic wrapping paper and her creator had a sweet note addressed solely to me. You do not get service like that, except in a small town store sole proprietorship! I should know.
























1 comment:

  1. I am an old friend of Liz's. We moved from Goldsboro 7 years ago and was not lucky enough to experience your store. Love the pictures of the trunk show! I was struck by this post as it reminded me of an experience I had last fall. I purchased some sequins (on Ebay rather than Etsy). I didn't pay any attention to where the seller lived I was just thrilled that I could get thousands of sequins each color in its own little bag for a total of $26. All the sequin supply stores I found were much more expensive and would have forced me to buy large lots of one color so by the time I had the colors I needed it would have been 100's of dollars. I placed the bid, won, and waited for my sequins. About a week later I received a package wrapped with brown paper, no box, full of sequins from Turkey. Something about receiving sequins from around the world really spoke to my creative spirit. Danee

    ReplyDelete