Labels

Thursday, January 28, 2010

...and they called it Puppy L-O-V-E!

Yes, the Valentine crafting does not seem to have ceased around my house. I do not know if this tangent came about out of boredom or procrastination from packing all of my belongings for the big move. Either way, I found it blog worthy. Above my dog's feeding bowl I hung this mirror some time ago and I thought it needed a little embellishment for the Valentine howliday.
Because we are in preparation of moving, I have been trying to refrain from buying anything else I will have to pack, so I have resorted to using stuff about the house. But who are we kidding, I have this weeks Michael's 50% off coupon burning a hole in my purse! I might have to make a detour through there when I go to the grocery store. Anyway, I started by simply printing out the letters on the computer, then cut them out with pinking shears. Next, I used an old cereal box to cutout the hearts. The cereal box holds up better to glittering and gluing. Painted on the Mod Podge (glue) and glittered with Martha's red, no excuse me "garnet" glitter. Finally, hole punch, thread and hang!

Of course, I had to cut out a little doggie silhouette to finish it off just right.

















1 comment: