Labels

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Valentine Gift Giving

After returning home from our journey to Texas, I had to purge my mind of all thoughts of Christmas and focus on my second favorite holiday (that which follows Halloween) VALENTINES DAY! Although the Christmas decorations are still looming around every corner in my home, I must craft a little on Valentines. Well, while skimming through blogs and the Internet I found this fabulous pattern for high heeled shoes (http://www.skiptomylou.org/). What a great place to start! I know two very special ladies who love shoes and I had picked up a few bobbles for them in Texas, so lets wrap it up!



First, I started by cutting out an envelope which doubles as a purse. Super easy to fold and glue together. Here are the shoes all assembled. I did print the pattern onto heavy card stock so that they would be sturdy. Also, the heavier paper will weather the next step of painting on the glue and dusting it with glitter.
The secret for any good crafter is "Mod Podge"! I use to make fun of my good friend Liz for using it, but I started experimenting with it and now we are inseparable (the glue and I that is, Liz left me and moved to D.C.) Anyway, brush on the Mod Podge and sprinkle with nothing other than Martha Stewart's red glitter.


The buckles I got a little carried away with, but since turquoise is my new favorite color to mix with pink I could not resist!

This is my favorite part the love bug! He flew all the way from Texas and his wings are tired. Into the box little guy.

Ta Da! a little pink wrapping paper from Big Lots + fabulous ribbon + craft paper and glitter = one spectacular Valentine package made with nothing but love!


Yes, I think my mind cannot stop spinning and I am glad it didn't before I delivered the package. It came to me the other day when I was looking at old vintage valentines on etsy, you know the good old ones with sweet cute sayings, well I had the heels so why not go all the way with the packaging. My good friend says "go big or go home" always, always take what ever you do to the max! even it it means taking a few people or pills down with you!











1 comment: