Labels

Monday, January 18, 2010

Goooooood Morning Texas Gulf Coast


IMG_0631-400, originally uploaded by Elizabelles.

Although it has been very unseasonably cool this winter, we still managed to pull off a true Texas Gulf Coast style morning; that is 100% humidity, foggy and damp! This is a view of my parents backyard. The Spanish moss hangs in clumps all over the trees like stalactites dripping down from the roof of a cave. I wish I could include some sound effects of me wearing my mother's galoshes slishing and sloshing through the mucky swamp like backyard. The ground here is so NOT absorbent! The water tends to mix with the clay/gumbo soil like oil and vinegar. It is so foggy and dank that when you go outside your hair turns to cotton candy and your face feels like it has a dewy film. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment