Labels

Monday, January 18, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recyle & Recreate!


IMG_1902-400, originally uploaded by Elizabelles.

I am in love! My mother-in-law Marge and I stumbled upon these one-of-a-kind gems while waiting for my mother in Schulenburg, Texas. The artist has taken a milieu of old tractor parts and has imaginatively recreated Texas trash into a treasure! I just love when someone can look at what others would refer to as "junk" and make something beautiful out of it, especially if it is a work of art. I can only imagine the old farmer who is making this sort of stuff. He probably has a beard, old (i.e. retired, well semi he still farms), wears overalls, has a large belly (from eating one too many kolache or deer sausage) and considers what he does is to just pass the time. I may be totally off in my description, but that is how I would like to portray him. Just a farmer from Texas who if were geographically relocated to somewhere like New York or Chicago would probably have his own showing in an art show or gallery. Either way I LOVE it! Now then, maybe I should have asked for a welding torch and mask for Christmas instead of a camera?

No comments:

Post a Comment