Labels

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ready for Tirck-or-Treaters!

I guess I am not one for spooky themed Halloweens. I am sure in the larger, more youthful neighborhoods they will have giant 8 foot tall ghoulish talking skeletons, glowing red eyed mummys and giant sticky spiderwebs outside on their porches to greet trick-or-treaters. Me, I like to keep it simple (outside that is). I enjoy a more whimsical Halloween, one that is polka dotted, ribbon coated and glitter gilded! Kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory meets all hallows eve.

My glow-in-the-dark "happy haunting" sign came from Tuesday Morning early this summer. These funky signs were laying all around the store's end caps and no one was taking a second glance at them. Maybe it was the sweltering 90 degree plus weather outside. I am immune to buying too early, since I was the proprietor of my own decorating store.

On my front door I rejuvenated an old black grapevine wreath I have had in the closet for about 5 years. The "happy halloween" sign came from Wal-Mart of all places! Can you believe it? Instead of wrapping a bow that was a combination of hot pink, green glitter and sparkles, I thought I would use all black and white. Though, it is not funky colorful, the crisp black and white theme really stands out when you view the house from the road.

It is sad to say, I do not expect very many trick-or-treaters but these ghostly goodies I prepared for two special girls I know will love them! How cute would it be to serve all your treats on an old silver platter like this one. I wish I had extra candy corn covering the tray when I snapped this picture. It would have made the treats even more delectable!


No comments:

Post a Comment