Labels

Friday, November 27, 2009

Sweet Packaging


Lolli Package, originally uploaded by Elizabelles.

Ever since I can remember, I have always had a passion and a "gift" to wrapping packages. When I was little, my mother would put every ones Christmas gift in boxes, label them with a name and I would take it from there. I don't think I was like most children, because all my packaging had to color coordinate to the decorations on our tree and every package had to have a hand made bow (no prefab plastic bow in a bag). Now days it seems as if you can be even more creative when it comes to gift wrapping. These gifts here are the first two I have wrapped this season. They are for two little girls back home in Texas. This one has a chocolate lollipop (I adorned with glitter of course) I bought at the wonderful Target $1.00 bin. What child would not like to have candy as a topper to a package? Then for the bows, I cut several strips of ribbon, various lengths and knotted them together with a separate piece of ribbon wrapping around the length of the package. Finally, I honestly could not find any gift tags, so I went on the computer, found a cute font and printed each name out on heavy card stock. As I was digging around in my scrap paper drawer, I came across this tinsel I forgot I had and hot glued it around the edge of the tag. Easy breezy! What child could resist these delectable goodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment