Labels

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Barbara Parker's Fail Proof Mini Muffins!

A dear friend of mine, Barbara Parker, who is not only one of the hardest working women I know, she also has an impeccable fashion sense, a beautifully decorated home, and oh yeah, a culinary whiz! I would say she is the Martha Stew.............no correction, Paula Deen of North Carolina! Not only are her recipes wonderful, they are practical (hence I dubbed her "Paula" not "Martha"). So, the other week my husband had cooked dinner for a friend and we needed one more thing to complete the dish, Hmmmmmm let me call Barbara and get her to die for muffin recipe!

Barbara's Muffins
2 Sticks of Butter
8 oz. Sour Cream
2 Cups of Self Rising Flour
*Mix ingredients in mixer (WARNING: VERY STICKY! you have not done anything wrong!)
Fill muffin pan about 3/4 full with batter, @ 375 bake 10 minutes until light brown.
With that said, you can easily alter the recipe and add shredded Parmesan, cheddar, etc. When she told me that, I remembered years ago when I was attending the Atlanta Gift Market, I went into a showroom that served mini cheese muffins stuffed with olives! Loved them! They had always left a lasting impression on my pallet so why not try and recreate them? Here goes:

First, we bought this yummy cheese wheel at Sam's Club. WARNING: may be a little intense for the average joe, but not for these Texans!

Next, I dipped into my husband's secret stash of stuffed olives. He loves any kind of olive stuffed with anything! How kind he was to sacrifice his habanero stuffed olives for this experiment.

Mixing the batter by hand is not impossible but necessary because the mixer and the beaters were still MIA in the abyss of boxes in the garage. I dabbed a bit of dough in the very bottom of the muffin cup, then placed the olive, finally topping it off with another dollop of dough.

Well, we forgot to take a photo of the end product, but trust me they were TO DIE FOR, especially hot out of the oven! The recipe is idiot proof and easily adaptable to fit your taste.......SOLD! They really are wonderfully delicious, light flaky and perfect for any holiday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment