Labels

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Window Shopping

Just the other day, as I was heading Westward to good old familiar Wal-Mart, I stumbled upon this jem of a shopping area. I had no idea such a wondrous world of shopping awaited me just over hills and through the cacti? from my house! I almost could not believe what I had discovered. It was as if I were a modern day Ponce de Lion, but instead of searching for the fountain of youth I had found the mecca of all shopping districts!

Anthropologie, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn, William & Sanoma, St. John, Tiffany's, Papyrus...Oh MY!


Up, up and away I go on the outside escalator. Hello! I cannot begin to express how beautiful this place is and how conducive the spectacular weather is to outdoor shopping! Oh, how I wish I had someone to share in all the oooooos and ahhhhhhhhs with me!




The courtyards are like mini citrus groves. Huge fragrant ripe lemons are clinging to the branches. Even if you do not buy anything here, you can at least enjoy the view and the lush amenities.



I came to an abrupt stop as I peered into the Tiffany's window. That icy Tiffany blue is simply celestial and paired with that opalescent white, breathtaking! Add a little glitz and glam radiating off those sparkling diamonds, YIKES take me now!


Hold it right there.... sorry for all the intense reflections in the window. I would have taken the photo from inside, naturally to avoid that intense glare, but the armed guard looming at the front door was a bit intimidating. I do not know what it is that makes this tree look so different. It is as though they grouped the balls together in clumps and nestled them into the branches. Mental Note: Do this to my tree next year! Who knew you could reinvent decorating the proverbial Christmas tree? Oh, how this adds to the temptation to open another storefront! I want to merchandise my life away!
Can you stand it!? As if the front window is not enough, look at these tiny snip it windows with little mini winter wonderland vignettes. The scale is so incredibly small and the detail is remarkable, simply captivating.
Yes, this delicate tree sprouting up from the Tiffany blue bound book is made of nothing but paper! Simple, modest, recycled, re purposed paper paired with priceless, rare, chandelier diamond earrings......I did not know you could capture an oxymoron in an image?



Okay, I must step away from the Tiffany's window, I have been drooling too long. But look what is just around the corner! ANTHROPOLOGIE!!! I am stunned that the only Anthropologies store in Tucson is a stones throw from my house. Let me reiterate......I wish I had someone to share this with!!!!!


LOOk at their advent of sorts "count down" window display! LOVE IT! My dream job would be were my good friend Liz and I went to work everyday inventing visual merchandising for Anthropologie. Maybe I will add that to my Christmas wish list.......Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is a job with Anthropologie...oh yeah, and by the way, could you relocate Liz's husband and his job to Tucson, AZ. That's all Santa, Thanks!








Oh, and before the day was through, I had to swing by and stalk the ladies at The Grey House antique store. My jaw hit the floor as I picked up this little number refurbished from an old French mail sack! I no sooner held it, twirlled it around & test drove it on my shoulder, that a mother and her daughter came in and scooped it up! Damn, why didn't I buy it? It makes me covet it even more! Dear Santa.....can you add that purse to my list too?




















2 comments: