Labels

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Blog Worthy Birthday!

This past week I celebrated my ___-ish (feel free to fill in the blank) Birthday! I awaited the day with some anxiety A: getting older, not always a joyous occasion and B: Will anyone remember? I was so far away from home, family and friends....... Is out of sight, out of mind?

Surprise!!! Happy Birthday!!!
The day began with a delightful call from one of my dearest friends, "The Parkers", wishing me many wishes and to tell me that I was in their thoughts! LOVE THEM! The rest of the day the calls just kept on rolling! Mom & Dad, Hubby, the Vanns, Tif, Wanda...... the bestest of the bestest! I truly felt humbled by each call, especially during this time of the year so close to Christmas.
As if the calls were not enough, the doorbell began to ring! What could it be? WOW, that is all I can say! I have never received flowers from 1-800-flowers before, and I must say I have always been a bit sceptical as to their results, but question no more! These tulips were and still are (many days later) FABULOUS! Wanda, you could not have chosen a more breathtaking bouquet! These were the healthiest looking tulips I have ever worked with! Not a single stem has faltered! Perfection!

As impressive as those flowers are, I could not wait to tear into the next few boxes! Oh, my, goodness! Gotta leave it to the Vanns! Only they could find a one-of-a-kind mirror such as this! I have the perfect place for it in my new "studio"! You both are so incredibly thoughtful and always seem to find the most perfect and personal gifts! I love all the 3-D images and "found things" jetting out all over! Cute, cute, CUTE!


The jaw dropping punches kept on rolling when I unwrapped this next present.....
Are you sitting down?
Hang tight to your tinsel,
A drum roll Please!


Parker's you have outdone yourselves! It truly is too much, but I am glad you did! For those of you who are unaware, for almost eight years of my existence in North Carolina I owned a store "Elizabelles" and in it I created many memories and steadfast friendships, which have remained close to my heart. Now, not only do I have the memories vividly stored in my mind and sole, I know own them in tangible living color!
When I first opened the box I literally did not know what to think. It sounds silly, but I had to put it down and walk away for a moment, because I felt so overwhelmed and so undeserving of such a gift as this. The attention to detail remarkable! Every emotion and memory is forever documented by a few brush stokes. It speaks only of love. The proper words cannot express to you how deeply touched I am by this gift. It means everything to me! Thank you.




2 comments:

  1. Yes...I feel like a total loser now. How did I forget my former slave driving master's birthday???? I stink as a friend and a birthday buddy! I'm sure I probably talked to you on the actual day and neglected to say happy birthday. So, I will say it now "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday Elizabeth! Goldsboro misses you and Elizabelles so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete