Labels

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My (Not so Big) Sis Comes To Visit!


What? I have only been here a few weeks and already I have family coming to visit! I didn't even have time to develop symptoms of being homesick! What a surprise! My sister and friends flew in to attend the Tempe Art Festival and what a beautiful day we spent together.
Dogs are truly and integral part of people's lifestyles around these parts. They are everywhere you look and are gladly welcomed just about anywhere. These little guys are hard at work modeling their owner's doggie hat creations. A bit strange, but none the less cute!


More dogs! I think I might could saddle up one of those and go for a ride!


LOOK! It is a beautiful caramel brown version of my precious Vergel!

What tantalizing delectables! It is a diabetics worst dream! Who knew you could sell cheesecake on a stick? Yummmm! Maybe they had to supply such provisions only to appease the men holding all of the women's purchases. What simple minded fools, men were lapping these goodies up on every street corner!

If I could have made one purchase it would be the following:


Oh, My, GOODNESS! I LOVE IT! The very talented artist is, Kari Von Wening and everything you see she has single handed fabricated out of metal and hand painted! Wow! My photos do not do these metal sculptures justice, they are extremely intricate and Huge! That heart is to die for, so industrial! I can just see it hanging in an ultra modern, "Domino-esq" style, minimal apartment in New York City! Ahhhhh, my alter mod ego could be unleashed if only I had a small place to live in New York, I digress...... Anyway, the artwork is fabulous and so is the artist. Do you not just love the dresses? If you get the chance visit her website for more fabulous inspiration!

Kari Von Wening's studio is located:
1691 Beverly Drive
Pasadena, CA 91104
626-789-0069

2 comments: