Labels

Monday, December 6, 2010

Field Trip!

So, what a great diversion it was from the looming task of unpacking, to go on our first field trip into the big city of Tucson! Sure we needed to go to the grocery store for food, but first lets feed that shopaholics addiction to "Stuff"! Immediately I thought of the perfect place, "The Grey House" located on Grant and Country Club Road.

I know now what a meth addict must feel like, itching for a hit because after being smothered by my own stuff back at the house I needed something, anything to be a catalyst of inspiration to perpetuate me through my own design dilemmas.
Hurry, park the car I am dieing to get out and explore! LOVE IT already!!!! At the front door we are greeted with a spectacular re purposed old gold frame revamped into a chalkboard! Hmmmm...... I know I have a similar chalkboard back at the house (where I do not know) but I think that this is the beginning of the creative spark I was looking for to get me through the unpacking process. When I find mine, I will hang in near the kitchen door to greet all my new friends! Yes, I am aware I have none so far, but perhaps my dear friends back home in NC will come for a visit! Soon!


Heaven! Love it all and I have not even stepped inside the front door yet! I am still on the front porch!!!! Okay, I spy with my creative eye that precious antique frenchy scale down there on the floor! Do you see it? It is sitting on the basket. How wonderful it would be to have it on my kitchen table for Christmas with one side loaded with small wrapped packages labeled "NICE" and the other side loaded down with coal (like the fake chocolate kind you put in children's stockings) and wrap it with "NAUGHTY"!!! I have Christmas retail on the brain!

One step inside and it is simply celestial! The 40 something inch tall Santos figurine is TO DIE FOR!!!! How hip is Tucson I ask you? The prices here are soooooooo reasonable!



One look around and I want to ditch everything (well maybe the words should be re purpose everything) and start all over! Maybe since it is a new beginning for me I should change the look of my house altogether? Not drastically, but just a little different, a bit altered, just something fresh and new!









Okay, can I just say that this place is best described as follows: Ballard Design magazine and Charles Faudree (my favorite French inspired interior designer) had a child and its name is "The Grey House"!



Everything here is so chic! I LOVE these frenchy chairs and yes........ they are covered in a lavender velvet zebra print! Yikes they are so hip and on par with the lavender trend this season. They would be oh so fabulous in a bedroom or bathroom!!! Maybe even mixed in with the seating at your dining table! Maybe my dining table? Ymmmmm!

Oh ...... my goodness......... that Italian chandelier lamp is spectacular! How wonderful would it be in my living room!!!!!!!









The punches just keep on rolling! I could have spent hours here, especially had Shane not been sitting in the car. I think I left the engine running and the windows rolled down for him so he should be good to go for a few more minutes of browsing.







Wow, what a fabulous place! The ladies that are the owners were so nice and welcoming, Stacey, Lynn and Wendy thank you for a much needed inspirational day out and thank you for your smiling new faces!


The Grey House Antiques and Home Decor

Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm

2301 N. Country Club Road

(520) 325-0400




















1 comment:

  1. I wanted to come back to see you soon...but now I want to come today!! I can't wait to check out the Grey House!

    ReplyDelete